If you installed a base deployment using ArcGIS Enterprise Builder, you can upgrade the base deployment to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 using the builder. This is a way to upgrade your deployment using the configuration wizard. All other ArcGIS Enterprise deployments need to be upgraded by individual software components.
Upgrade an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment
Running the 10.9.1 setups will automatically upgrade your ArcGIS Enterprise software components to 10.9.1. There is no need to obtain and install each previously released version in sequence, or to uninstall any of your software components.
Your ArcGIS Enterprise portal's version must match the version of the hosting server, any GeoAnalytics Server, any GeoEvent Server, and any Raster Analytics Server federated with it. However, a 10.9.1 portal will work with any other federated server that is at version 10.5 or later. For example, a 10.5 GIS Server (that is not the hosting server) and a 10.5.1 GeoAnalytics Server can be federated with a 10.9.1 portal, as long as its hosting server is at version 10.9.1.
If you have already configured an enterprise geodatabase as the managed database for your hosting server and you are upgrading to 10.9.1, you will need to conduct a few additional steps. Once you've upgraded Server, you will need to register the enterprise geodatabase as a database (as opposed to a managed database). Then, install ArcGIS Data Store and register it as a relational data store. This will configure ArcGIS Data Store as your hosting server's managed database.
- Obtain your new 10.9.1 setup and authorization files from My Esri.
- Back up the following information:
- In your ArcGIS Enterprise portal: Use the webgisdr utility to back up your deployment. Back up any customizations you've configured for your portal, such as properties modified in config.js; any extensions you've added for Dashboards and Web AppBuilder; and the arcgisportal content directory folder.
- For ArcGIS Server: Use the backup utility to back up your server site configuration.
- For ArcGIS Data Store: Run the backupdatastore utility to create a full backup of each of your data stores.
- Perform the upgrade steps for each ArcGIS Enterprise software component in the following order:
- Upgrade Portal for ArcGIS.
If your organization requires the complete set of 3D symbology in Scene Viewer, install the Web Styles setup.
- Upgrade ArcGIS Web Adaptor (for Portal) for IIS or Java (Windows).
- Upgrade the ArcGIS Server site serving as the portal's hosting server.
Note:If you had previously registered an enterprise geodatabase as a managed database for your hosting server, complete the following additional steps on the hosting server:
- Sign in to Server Manager, browse to Site > Data Stores.
- In the Data Stores list, select the enterprise database you have registered as a managed database.
- Click Edit.
- Under Type, uncheck the check box for Managed database.
- Click Save.
- Upgrade ArcGIS Web Adaptor (for Server) for IIS or Java (Windows).
- Upgrade ArcGIS Data Store (upgrade primary first, then stand-by).
- Upgrade any additional ArcGIS Server sites.
- Upgrade ArcGIS Desktop, if it's installed on any of your machines.
You don't need to upgrade ArcGIS Pro at the same time as ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Upgrade Portal for ArcGIS.